JOB DESCRIPTION – SUMMARY
Exciting opportunity for you to become a member of our elite team and a specialist in our industry. Let us train you to National and international Standards with Certifications. Learn all aspects of restoring all types of floors including marble, stone, wood, carpets, upholstery and more.
You will be working in high end homes and prestigious business premises. You must be courteous, well presented, punctual and have high standards. You will also be keen to take this opportunity to learn all aspects of wood floor sanding and sealing, stone floor restoration, resin floor installation and more.
- Visiting clients in the home and business premises providing Professional Restoration of Wood, Natural Stone, Carpet, Upholstery, Industrial cleaning services such as, jet washing, builders cleans and more.
- Explaining the benefits of having furnishings professionally cleaned and restored.
- Advising the client of all additional services provided by Nu-Life.
- Providing in-home/business quotations on additional work.
- Attending training days. Learning all aspects of products, floors and various specialist restoration processes.
- Obtain full qualifications in restoration of Natural Stone Restoration, Wood Floor Sanding, Carpet Restoration and Maintenance, Upholstery Cleaning, Stain Removal and more as courses arise.
- Other duties as company requires.
- Company uniform/clothing provided – Van and Phone.
- This role requires a full driving licence with clean/low points.
Salary & Working hours
- Flexible working hours: Monday to Saturday 8-hour shifts on the job.
- Flexible working week over 7 days with varied shift start and finish times dependent on client requirements.
- Occasional Night shift work will be required
- Lunch: 30 minutes
- Basic pay: Starting wage as detailed below, this will increase during the training process as you develop (all depends on the speed of the individual’s development)
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Hourly Rate During Training: £8.00 per hour
- Hourly Pay After Training: £8.65 per hour
- Overtime Time and a half
- Weekly After Training: £346.00
- Monthly After Training: £1499.33
- Yearly After Training: £17991.96
- Once trained – Plus van (company use only) + Commission + Overtime.
- Inclusion in Bonus scheme, when working on own initiative.
- Overtime paid at time and a half before 08:30am and after 5:00pm – travelling time if out of Manchester areas paid at single time – areas to be confirmed.
- Holiday entitlement – 28 days per year which includes statutory Bank Holidays (20 days basic – note only 5 Saturdays allowed off per calendar year). The first 12 month’s holiday entitlement is based on time accrued.
- Wage, overtime and bonuses paid monthly in arrears, on the 28th of each month. Should the 28th fall at a weekend, payment is made the Friday before. Overtime is paid one full month after the end of the calendar month i.e. salaries paid on 28th February would be work carried out in February plus any overtime accrued for the month of January.
- 6 Month probationary period with 3 monthly review.
Other Job Opportunities – Industrial Cleaning Operative
Experienced Industrial cleaning operatives required to work within the North-West region based from our Stockport office. (SK5)
A full-time position is available with a flexible 40-hour contract over 7 days plus contracts are available for casual part time operatives.
Due to the busy nature of the work involved shift start and finish times can vary and weekend work will be expected but overtime is available.
Working as part of a small team the ideal candidate will have experience of the cleaning industry and in particular, Pressure Washing, High level Cleaning, Deep Cleaning and Builders Cleans plus come with an understanding of Health and Safety procedures and a commitment to achieving high standards.
External and internal Training courses will be provided to the right candidate but a current CSCS card is required.
Clean driving license is required although minor points will be considered and own transport is preferred or must live within close proximity to the Head Office.
Hourly rate will be dependent on experience and can be discussed.
Unit A, Bankside Business Park
South Reddish, Stockport
Telephone Number: 0161 480 7284
Fax Number: 0161 480 7846